5.0 Google Rating


Are HVAC Maintenance Plans Really Worth It?

Garage Heater - Westland HVAC + Plumbing

outdoor-ac-unitIt’s no secret people don’t do what’s good for them—and it’s no different when it comes to HVAC maintenance.

A survey in 2015 found that 80% of Americans delay in scheduling preventive health care. The unfortunate fact is “preventive care” doesn’t get anyone excited like “urgent care” does.

It’s the same with HVAC. Many homeowners would rather let their system break down before scheduling a maintenance check. So to help fight against this part of our human nature, HVAC contractors started making maintenance plans: a bundle of incentives for getting a homeowner to schedule their maintenance.

Of course, what everyone wants to know is: are maintenance plans really worth it?

Using qualities from our very own Ultimate Service Agreement Plan, we’ll let you decide:

Does the Maintenance Plan Hand Out Discounts Like Candy?

If a maintenance check is only supposed to be done once or twice a year, what incentive is there for an entire plan? Discounts on services all year-round certainly helps:

  • Discounts on Services: It’s estimated that 85% of HVAC problems can be prevented with regular maintenance. The other 15% of the time consists of those problems no one ever saw coming. You simply don’t deserve that kind of thing, so a service discount can help soften the blow.
  • Discounts on Equipment: After a few years of owning an HVAC system, it’s not uncommon to start thinking about accessories and upgrades: humidity controllers, air filters, germicidal lights. A nice discount can put these luxuries in your price range.

Does the Plan Make You Feel Special?

A good maintenance plan should be backed with superb customer service. You should feel like you’re being taken care of in a way that goes beyond just being “another customer”:

  • 5-Year Repair Guarantee: Have you ever questioned the service you receive from an HVAC tech? Like maybe they’ll fix the problem for now, but 6 months later another problem suspiciously arises, and now you’re calling for repairs again? Well, an extended repair guarantee will double-down on eliminating that doubt. If your system breaks again during that time period, you won’t have to pay anything.
  • Priority Service: Now this is how it feels to be treated like royalty. When you’re on the priority service list, your emergencies will become top priority. Our plan will even waive the overtime fee that regular customers have to pay.

Is It Actually Backed by Good Service?

The basis of any good maintenance plan is none other than good, authentic service. Maintenance checks are designed to keep your system running smoothly for the whole year. The benefits are there to give you value for every other day in the year.

It doesn’t hurt to ask what your technician plans to do during their maintenance check. While you might not understand the technical details, like the difference between an evaporator or a condenser coil, you should at least be able to get a rundown about what they plan to check during their maintenance.

A good maintenance plan will cover your heating and cooling system while performing services like:

  • Checking refrigerant levels
  • Cleaning sensitive components
  • Inspecting parts for maintenance or replacement, such as blower fans, valves, switches, and more
  • Lubricating motors
  • Running various tests

To learn more about our Ultimate Service Agreement Plan, get in touch with one of our professionals. Contact Westland Heating & Air Conditioning today.

Keep Learning

Should A GC Do The Plumbing For Your Bathroom Remodel?

Should A GC Do The Plumbing For Your Bathroom Remodel?

Planning a bathroom remodel can be an exciting yet daunting task. It's a chance to create a space that reflects your style and meets your needs. One decision you can…

New Construction HVAC: Optimize Comfort in Your Westlake Home

New Construction HVAC: Optimize Comfort in Your Westlake Home

Are you thinking about building the home of your dreams in Westlake? If so, setting down roots in a bustling community filled with optimism, pride, and progress is exciting.

Home Cooling Essentials: Safeguarding Comfort and Health

Home Cooling Essentials: Safeguarding Comfort and Health

As the warmer days arrive, it's time for your home's cooling system to take center stage. Whether you have yet to turn down the thermostat or are interested in learning…